- Measuring Growth
- Public Reports
- Restricted Reports
- Accountability Reports
- School Reports
- School Value-Added
- Diagnostic Reports
- Decision Dashboard
- Projection Summaries
- Educator Effectiveness Growth
- District Reports
- District Value-Added
- District Diagnostic Reports
- Projection Summaries
- Teacher Reports
- Accessing the Teacher Reports
- Student Growth Measure
- Teacher Value-Added
- Teacher Diagnostic
- Teacher Custom Diagnostic
- Evaluation Dashboard
- Reports for Administrators
- Student Reports
- Comparison Reports
- Roster Verification
- Getting Started
- Claiming Instructional Responsibility
- Viewing the History of Actions on Rosters
- Additional Resources
- General Help
Claiming Instructional Responsibility
Users claim instructional responsibility by using two columns: Student + Teacher Assignment and Your % of Instruction. The resources in this section describe how to determine what to enter in each column in a variety of instructional situations.
Sample Scenarios offer suggestions for how to calculate instructional responsibility in a variety of instructional scenarios.
The Roster Verification FAQ addresses common questions such as who should verify rosters.
If you need additional assistance after reviewing these resources, follow these guidelines on whom to contact.
- Teachers: Contact a school admin or school testing/RV coordinator.
- School admins: Contact a district admin or district testing coordinator.
- District admins: Contact a regional case manager (RCM).
- RCMs: Contact NCDPI.
After Roster Verification ends, EVAAS uses the data in the submitted rosters to calculate teachers' value-added measures. In addition, state legislation increasingly relies on growth data for making policy decisions that have an impact on schools and teachers. Therefore, it is critical that the data in the rosters is accurate and teachers personally approve their rosters instead of letting them auto-submit.
- Teachers, school administrators, and district administrators should work together to ensure that the final verified rosters are accurate.
- The final verified rosters in Roster Verification are the authoritative source for teacher-student linkages and for the percentage of instructional responsibility each teacher has for each student in subjects tested with a state assessment.
- Pre-populated rosters that have not been verified by teachers and administrators are neither definitive nor accurate in representing how instruction is delivered in classrooms.
- Roster Verification is the only way to ensure accurate representation of instructional responsibility.
- To ensure data integrity, teachers should be proactive in reviewing rosters before they are submitted by the district admin and should communicate with others in the district to ensure that the final verified rosters are accurate. Once Roster Verification ends, roster data cannot be changed by either NCDPI or EVAAS.